“Teaching and Preaching our Exalted Lord”
Georgia (Trinity) Baptist Seminary was founded in 1994 as a Baptist oriented institution with pre-millennial emphasis. The Seminary is registered with the Georgia Secretary of State. We operate under a yearly exclusion status from the Georgia Department of education as a religiously oriented education corporation.
Who May Enroll:
Any adult person who desires a fuller knowledge of the Word of God for service in the local church from the Sunday school teacher, the pulpit, the mission field, or music ministry is welcomed. As a Bible Institute and Seminary, it is our desire to advance the cause of our Lord through training anyone and everyone who desires a deeper knowledge of the Bible and the Spiritual life.
Georgia Baptist Seminary believes that continuing education is an important part of each person’s ministry. Therefore, we endeavor to help those who are already in full-time ministry to continue their education and obtain the degree(s) of their choice.
Georgia Baptist Seminary does not discriminate in admissions or in the administration of its educational policies on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnic origin, sex, age, or handicap in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices. Only to the extent required by its religious tenets and allowed by law does Georgia Baptist Seminary make any distinctions between men and women.
All students are expected to manifest and maintain the highest standards of Christian living and conduct, the Word of God being the standard by which we measure ourselves. It is also required that all students should attend and support their local church. Any student who is unable to abide by the rules and regulations of this will be liable for dismissal. Application for re-admission will be considered individually by the administration.
The Goals of Georgia Baptist Seminary:
In support of its philosophy and mission, Georgia Baptist Seminary seeks to provide its students with intellectual and cultural pursuits that:
- Present the student with a method of Bible study which will enable him/her to study the Bible for himself/herself.
- Deepen one’s personal spiritual life.
- Train pastors, teachers, evangelists, missionaries, educational workers, as well as every Christian, to better serve the Lord.
- Give a full knowledge of the Word of God by taking every student from Genesis to Revelation.
- Contribute to a knowledge and understanding of other cultures and international events and their relationship to Biblical prophesy.
- Assist in developing the competence and determination to approach their vocation as a calling to follow the will of God.
- Foster a commitment to a Christian life, which actively communicates the Christian faith, in personal soul winning, personal integrity, and personal responsibility in all social activities that will point people to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Our Doctrinal Statement:
- The Bible Inspired. We believe in the plenary verbal inspiration of the Bible, which has “God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture of error for its matter”. We believe that the King James Version is the preserved Word of God for the English-speaking people and is the only acceptable translation to be used in this Seminary. 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21
- Salvation. We believe that because of the total depravity of man, salvation by grace alone is the central and unifying theme around which all the Scripture is to be understood and interpreted. We believe that the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord is the only way into fellowship with God, the only way of deliverance from eternal destruction and the only way to eternal bliss in heaven. Ephesians 2:8-9, John 3:16-18, John 5:24, Acts 4:12, I John 5:10-13
- The Holy Trinity. We believe that God who is eternal, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit who are three persons one essence. Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Luke 1:35, John 1:14
- The Resurrection of Christ. We believe that at the time of His birth through the Virgin Mary, the eternal Son of God, Jesus Christ our Lord, assumed a perfect sinless humanity. He died for our sins, was buried and arose from the dead, qualifying as the only Savior of mankind. Acts 2:32, I Corinthians 15:1-4, Matthew 27:66, John 20:27-28.
- Mankind. We believe that man, as the crowning work, was created in the image of God by a special act of creation. Being created in innocence, man chose sin and severed himself from God, qualifying himself for eternal destruction in the lake of fire. Genesis 1:26, 1 Corinthians 2:27, Revelation 20:11-15
- A Personal Devil. We believe that the devil and his angels who are personal beings will experience ultimate defeat in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. 1 Peter 5:8, 1 Thessalonians 3:5, Ephesians 2:2, Revelation 12:9-10, Revelation 20:10.
- The Church. We believe that all Christians are members of the church which is the body of Christ, and that the Word of God teaches that we are to serve in the local church. Ephesians 1:22-23, 5:23-32
- The Pre-millennial Return of our Lord. We believe there are two ranks or orders in the resurrection. First, the resurrection of the Lord and the resurrection of the dead in Christ at the imminent return of our Lord before the tribulation. Secondly, the resurrection of the unrighteous at the time of the great white throne judgment. Acts 2:22-24, 1 Corinthians 15:4-8, Romans 8:34, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Daniel 12:2, John 5:25-29, Revelation 20:4-5
- The Task of the New Testament Church. We believe that outreach, by personal soul winning and public evangelism and missions is the essential task of New Testament churches. Matthew 28:19-20, John 20:19-21
- Heaven and Hell. We believe in the everlasting reward of the righteous and the everlasting punishment of the wicked. Matthew 25:46, Luke 16:19-25, Revelation 21:8
- Loyalty to Distinctive Baptist Doctrines. We believe that Baptists stand for vital and distinctive truths to which other denominations do not adhere. We cannot compromise these truths without disloyalty to the Scriptures and our Lord. We believe that we should cooperate with other denominations as long as such cooperation does not affect these truths.
Student fees effective August 1, 2018 are listed below. Student fees are subject to change without prior notice. The spouse of a student that is enrolled will pay only the matriculation fee of $40 for any class(es) that the student is taking for that semester.
A fee of $40.00 per semester hour of credit is charged. Account balances must be fifty-percent (50%) paid before mid-term exams and the balance in full must be paid before the final exam can be taken. Satisfactory settlement of all accounts, including library fines, book accounts, must be made before graduation.